Kwanza and his wife Natalie joined me in Atlanta for a very interesting look at what’s happening at ground zero for the Civil Rights movement. Kwanza is a City Councilman and word on the street is he’s a strong candidate to be the next Mayor of Atlanta. We met at the memorial service for Julian Bond, a major leader in civil rights, and in the parking lot of Ebenezer Baptist Church where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was the pastor and rose to fame.
What we discuss:
- 0:20 – Leaving Ebenezer Baptist Church
- 1:00 – Honoring Julian Bond
- 1:30 – Passing the Birth Home of MLK Jr.
- 3:45 – The BeltLine project
- 6:05 – Kwanza tests the Tesla
- 7:00 – The Carter Center
- 10:00 – Masquerade concert venue
- 10:55 – Year of Boulevard – The Boulevard Corridor & Bedford Pines – The greatest concentration of poverty in the southeast United States.
More on Kwanza Hall: